Updated ACCET Guidance – COVID-19 Temporary Flexibilities
At its April 2023 meeting, the Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) conducted a review of the COVID-19 Temporary Flexibilities that the Commission had previously approved. With the anticipated conclusion of the national COVID-19 emergency on May 11, 2023, the Commission voted to terminate the temporary flexibilities on September 1, 2023, to return to normal operations, with a grace period extending until October 1, 2023.
This guidance is relevant to all ACCET member institutions still operating under the temporary flexibilities, including:
- Temporary closure
- Temporary relocation (IEP)
- Temporary interactive distance learning (IDL)
- Externships (rescheduled, capstone course in lieu of externship)
- Labs (rescheduled, simulated, didactic classes instead of labs)
- Verification of high school completion status
- Leave of absence (waive written LOA request)
Institutions that wish to pursue final approval for IDL methodology are advised to submit a program application as soon as possible to ensure no interruption to the online delivery of programs.
Click here to view the full April 29, 2023 update to ACCET guidance on COVID-19 temporary flexibilities.