View our 2012 Conference Highlights!
Also don’t forget to:
- Register for the conference.
- Book your hotel room. The discount hotel cut-off date is Oct. 5th and it is already at 94% of our total room block
- Don’t miss this opportunity to pay tribute to our retiring Executive Director, Roger Williams
- And, finally: order your absentee ballot for the November 6th elections
On August 8, 2012, the Nominating Committee completed its review of three candidates for the two full-term Institutional Commissioner positions that will become open following the Annual Business Meeting this Fall. Following its review of resumes and subsequent interviews with selected candidates, the Nominating Committee recommends the following two members in the election of two Institutional Commissioners by the membership at the ACCET Business Meeting on Monday, November 5, 2012, the opening day of the annual conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel at Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
- Alexandra Zilovic, Vice President, N.A. Operations & Business Affairs, ELS Educational Services
- Nicholas Hastain, President, Mid-Atlantic Division, Premier Education Group
ACCET member institutions may submit additional nominations provided that such submission has the written support of ten percent (23) of the current ACCET accredited member (main campus) institutions. All such nominations and the required written support must be received in the ACCET office at 1722 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036, no later than September 28, 2012. If there are additional nominees, a written notification of the entire, amended slate will be emailed to each accredited member institution by October 1, 2012.
The Proxy/Ballot form can be forwarded to the ACCET office in hard copy or electronically by email to Judy Hendrickson. We sincerely hope that you will be in attendance at the upcoming Annual Conference, including the Business Meeting, so as to be actively attuned to and engaged in this important process for ensuring the continuation of sound leadership at the foundation of our partnership for quality. At a time when much of the proprietary sector is under heightened scrutiny in both the media and various governmental agencies, that leadership is central to our continued recognition as a valid and reliable authority in the important role we serve together through accreditation. Accordingly, your presence and/or your proxy/ballot are essential to complete the election process.
FROM: ACCET Nominating Committee
David Wilson, Chair, Commission
Tibby Loveman, Vice Chair Commission
Elizabeth Schaefer, Past Chair, Commission
Francisco Barrera, Member Institution, LADO
Elizabeth Hepler, Member Institution, Steiner/Utah School of Massage Therapy
Roger J. Williams, Executive Director (ex-officio)
ACCET offers a quarterly Financial Aid newsletter as a service to our institutions who are eligible for or are applying for Title IV funding. This issue covers the following topics:
- GE Court Decision
- FSA Credit Balances – Using A Contractor
- Sub Loan Interest Rate Remains 3.4%
- Guidance On State Authorization (Pi Regs)
- Title Iv Eligibility For Students Without A High School Diploma
- EO 13607 Principles Of Excellence
- Disability Accommodation Guidance Revised