At its April 2023 meeting, the Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) conducted a review of the COVID-19 Temporary Flexibilities that the Commission had previously approved. With the anticipated conclusion of the national COVID-19 emergency on May 11, 2023, the Commission voted to terminate the temporary flexibilities on September 1, 2023, to return to normal operations, with a grace period extending until October 1, 2023.
This guidance is relevant to all ACCET member institutions still operating under the temporary flexibilities, including:
- Temporary closure
- Temporary relocation (IEP)
- Temporary interactive distance learning (IDL)
- Externships (rescheduled, capstone course in lieu of externship)
- Labs (rescheduled, simulated, didactic classes instead of labs)
- Verification of high school completion status
- Leave of absence (waive written LOA request)
Institutions that wish to pursue final approval for IDL methodology are advised to submit a program application as soon as possible to ensure no interruption to the online delivery of programs.