Employment Opportunity: Executive Director
The Accrediting Commission for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a nationally recognized, non-profit accrediting association in Washington, DC, is seeking qualified individuals to submit applications for the position of Executive Director. The ACCET Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the accrediting agency, and reports to the ACCET Accrediting Commission.
The successful applicant will have a comprehensive understanding of and significant background in executive-level management, in conjunction with at least ten years of experience in and knowledge of postsecondary education, a thorough knowledge of higher education accreditation, working knowledge of accrediting evaluation methods, the ability to guide a diverse group of institutions through today’s complex world of higher education challenges, through the capable management, inspiration and leadership of this increasingly international accrediting organization.
A well-established reputation and record of integrity and ethical conduct in professional activities that include involvement in accreditation is essential, to engender confidence, trust and respect among Federal, State, and higher education policy makers and regulators. Excellent communication skills with a management style that inspires staff respect and loyalty by exemplifying open, thoughtful, and team-centered leadership is imperative.
The successful applicant must be able to function at a high level of effectiveness, and must have a solid working knowledge of technology, a strong working knowledge of budgeting and personnel management, and a sound knowledge of for-profit business management.
Experience, Abilities and Educational Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with an advanced academic degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in leadership positions with responsibility for administrative, personnel, financial/budgetary functions, along with strategic planning, with a preference for experience with an ACCET accredited institution
- Significant experience and background in educational accreditation with knowledge of USDE regulations and experience in the USDE recognition process
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, including institutions/programs engaged in distance education, continuing education, vocational education, professional and personal development, intensive English programs, educational organizations, regulators, nonprofit organizations, and volunteers; experience in collaborative leadership and in conducting association-type relations preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication and an ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, and regulations
- Willingness to travel frequently both domestically and internationally
- A demonstrated ability with data analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting; the ability to implement the strategic planning of the organization, prioritization of issues, problem solving, time and process management, team building, and organizational agility; the ability to analyze the components of the accreditation process, and guide the ACCET Commission and staff toward ongoing self-review and improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of its policies, procedures and practices
- Experience with information management systems to collect, compile, analyze, and apply accreditation related data in assisting the Commission to reach valid and reliable judgments on institutions seeking ACCET accreditation
- A demonstrated ability to get results via effective conflict resolution, with integrity, open-mindedness, and fairness
- Commitment to continuous improvement and self- development; ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a small, fast-paced office, with a management style characterized by consensus building, teamwork, openness and good humor
ACCET is a non- governmental, postsecondary educational organization that operates a nationally recognized accrediting association. ACCET has a staff of 10 full-time professionals at its Washington, D.C. office and accredits over 650 educational institutions around the world. For more information visit: www.ACCET.org.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All Resumes must be received by no later than February 11, 2013 to be considered. Candidates must be available to start in July 2013.